Worth Fighting For

Monday 13 February 2017




Title: Worth Fighting For 
Author: Charity West
Published: 17th October 2016
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes!
Synopsis:


High School senior Lily Rhodes has been in love with her brother’s best friend nearly all her life. When nineteen year old Jake joins the Marines and is shipped overseas, she worries she’ll never see him again, and wishes she’d been braver before he left. Lily vows that if Jake comes home, she’ll tell him how she feels. But when Jake is injured by an IED and is discharged from the Marines, he comes home changed, bitter and broken. Despite the fact he's loved Lily for the past three years, he no longer feels worthy of someone like her. Not one to back down from a challenge, Lily knows the best things in life are worth fighting for.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would my heart also was broken for Jake but I am glad him and I came through together (I sound like I was with him in the book, oh wouldn't that be a dream come true).

Jake having being injured from war, is sent home to recover but nothing is ever the same when you come back from war is it? Never knowing whether you will be alive the next minute or not, you learn to value each moment and cherish every memory. Although it should be like that anyways, sadly sometimes we get too caught up in life we tend to live in the future and not the present. 

Jake thinks he is worthless, he can never be with any girl now. He is depressed and suffers from PTSD, he thinks who would be with someone like him? Since he has Shrapnel in his shoulder and leg, he can't go upstairs or walk properly who would want someone as useless as him? (don't think like that BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT) But if there is one thing you learn from this book is that everyone has hope no matter what situation you are in, there is hope even for Jake and she comes in the form of Lily :).

I loved Lily, she is headstrong, considerate and has been in love with Jake ever since she was 3 years old. Unknown to her, so has Jake, he just never told her since he thought Riley wouldn't approve of dating his baby sister. But seriously everyone can see them gooeing eyes at each other, how can they not see how much they love each other? The good news is they eventually do, yay for them!

My fav character of all was Riley, I really really loved him! Not only was he a good brother, a good best friend but also a good son. He literally was perfect *swoons* I only wish there was more of him, I really loved his relationship with Jake and Lily, so easy going and funny! I FEEL THE NEED TO SAY THIS BUT I THINK RILEY SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN PERSONAL STORY DON'T YOU THINK? IT'S TIME HIS STORY SHINES TOO!!!!!!

Because I studied War for two years, I know very well the after effects of what happens to someone after coming back from war, nothing is ever the same. And it is really hard for things to go back to the way they used to, but with the help of Lily, Jake slowly manages to get out of it. A loveable, cute story.


Until next time booklovers! :)

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.