Movie Review: Beauty and the Beast

Sunday 30 July 2017



Movie Details:
Title: The Beauty and the Beast
Release Date: 17th March 2017 
Cast: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Kevin Kline, Josh Gad, Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci, Audra McDonald, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis: 


Belle (Emma Watson), a bright, beautiful and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast (Dan Stevens) in its castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the beast's hideous exterior, allowing her to recognize the kind heart and soul of the true prince that hides on the inside.

Hi everyone, I know I have been off the radar a little bit, work is hectic for the summer and my manager has given me more hours since it is a busy period which means no time for reading!!! BUT I am back and hopefully with a bang that stays consistent!!!! I actually watched this movie in the cinemas many moons ago and I loved every minute of it!!!!!

This movie is one of the highest grossing film of 2017 and anyone who has watched this movie has no doubt as to why that is. With a stellar cast like Emma Watson, Dan Stevens and Josh Gad who could ever doubt these stars? This epic tale resonated me with me a lot, I actually kind of forgot that Belle loves to read but what a way to be reminded and fall in love with this tale all over again?

Two things stood out for me in this movie; musical performance and visual style. Although in every Disney movie there is always some songs that are played within the movie, I never had any idea this would be the same with actual movie and that too with the actors singing themselves? WOAAAAHHHH!!!! I can't really criticise the musical performance of Emma Watson or Josh Gad since I am no music critic but to me they sounded alright, maybe they will never release an album but for the movie I think it fitted perfectly.  The attention to detail given in this movie is spot on, you can't help with falling in love with this movie. All of the scenes, the CGI was so real like it felt surreal. This is what I love about movies when the the whole production team can make scenes come to life which exactly what happened in this movie. My favourite scene in the movie would be have to be the castle especially when Belle first discovers is? OMG it gives you the creeps (not sure I would have the courage to go there).

The designs, colours and the lavish settings for the dance sequence is my favourite part in the whole movie, when I first saw it in the trailer I was absolutely hooked. How can you not fall in love with it? The design is simple nothing too complicated and they stuck with the outlook of Belle's appearance in the animated movie. I love is so much, secretly I wish the studio would send it to me, here is to wishful thinking.

Dan Stevens who have I never heard of before until now, does impeccable acting of the beast and I absolutely die hard love him now. I am just so amazed with how the creative team made him so beastly like and his acting was phenomenal. At one point I had even wondered if he would ever return to a human again, he made me forget that Disney movies always have a happy ending!

So that is from me this week, I am going to try my best to do stick with the weekly movie reviews.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

Let's talk: Have you watched Beauty and the Beast? What did you think of it? Did you fall in love with Belle's gown? Let me know in the comments below!

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

8 comments

  1. I really enjoyed Beauty & the Beast! I can't believe you've never heard of Dan Stevens, though before! I adored him as Matthew on Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I know me either but now that I have I will forever adore him now!
      I don't really watch Downtown Abbey, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I also loved this movie, although I had issues with the acting of the leads :( But mostly it was amazing! And I totally agree about the visuals - they were SO INCREDIBLY stunning.

    Hope you have a calmer week, Aneesa!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, it has not been calm this week but oh well!
      Yes they were and I didn't really have an issue with the acting leads.
      Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely ADORE this movie. I saw it twice in the theater and pre-ordered the Blu-Ray/Digital Copy so I got it in the mail on release day!

    While I could tell that auto-tune had been used a bit on Emma Watson, I still felt like her voice had that extra "innocent" quality that's hard to find and sustain. She makes an excellent Belle and yes, I totally fell in love with her dress!

    Dan Stevens makes an excellent beast and the new song they made for the beast to sing when Belle goes back to her father is quickly becoming one of my favorites - the Dan Stevens version, not the Josh Groban version.

    I also really liked how they added the part about Belle wanting "a rose" from the marketplace back into the story line as that is part of the original fairy tale.

    It got a 4.5/5 from me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is dedication! I really need to buy the blu-ray version too!
      I do agree with you on that innocence part, she made the perfect Belle!

      I don't really remember it but I am sure it was great, he is pretty awesome to be honest!!

      Yay you!

      Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Aww I'm so glad you loved this one... it's hard to forget that this will have a happy ending do you really must have got into it! I need to see it now... *bustles off to put in hold at librsry* thanks for reminding me about it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your love of the setting! I loved seeing that come alive

    ReplyDelete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.