Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Namsara

Wednesday 7 June 2017

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Title: The Last Namsara
Author: Kristen Ciccarelli
Series: Iskari #1
Release Date: 3rd October 2017
Synopsis:


In the beginning, there was the Namsara: the child of sky and spirit, who carried love and laughter wherever he went. But where there is light, there must be dark—and so there was also the Iskari. The child of blood and moonlight. The destroyer. The death bringer. 

These are the legends that Asha, daughter of the king of Firgaard, has grown up hearing in hushed whispers, drawn to the forbidden figures of the past. But it isn’t until she becomes the fiercest, most feared dragon slayer in the land that she takes on the role of the next Iskari—a lonely destiny that leaves her feeling more like a weapon than a girl.

Asha conquers each dragon and brings its head to the king, but no kill can free her from the shackles that await at home: her betrothal to the cruel commandant, a man who holds the truth about her nature in his palm. When she’s offered the chance to gain her freedom in exchange for the life of the most powerful dragon in Firgaard, she finds that there may be more truth to the ancient stories than she ever could have expected. With the help of a secret friend—a slave boy from her betrothed’s household—Asha must shed the layers of her Iskari bondage and open her heart to love, light, and a truth that has been kept from her.






OMG!!! Have you looked at this cover??? I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and the synopsis just makes me want to collapse!!! *faints*

Let's talk: What are you waiting on this week?

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

14 comments

  1. Never heard of it, but added it to GR! Love the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I!
      It is amazing right? :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow I love the sound of this one! Great pick! Hope you love it when you read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy :)
      I am sure I will, thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. The cover is quite lovely! I'll have to add this to my TBR. Thank you for sharing this awesome book!

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lonna :)
      And your very welcome, I hope you enjoy it if you ever read it! :)

      Delete
    2. I've added it to my TBR! Now if I can just time some time... =)

      Delete
  4. Ooo, interesting one! :D That's one of those covers that the closer you look at it, the more you see. The synopsis, at first, felt a bit... Cliche, almost? That's not quite the right word, but it didn't completely grab me. By the end, though, all the names and things given in there gave it a fun little atmosphere that intrigued me more. I think it'd be a great read in that respect. :)

    Eve
    Edge of Night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO.....OMG!!! Hello there old friend!!!!!!!! How have you been??? :)
      I get what you mean and I do admit this cover is an interesting one, the more you look in to it the more it reveals it secrets to you!

      Delete
    2. Hello, hello!! :D I've been great, how 'bout yourself? It's hot today, though, so I am currently dying.

      Perfect way to phrase it! "it reveals its secrets to you" :D I especially like the area with the shiny red jewel type thing. Nice idea on the part of the cover designer to add that strip of light!

      Delete
    3. I have missed you dear friend <3
      I am very happy to hear that you are well and happy!
      I am good too thanks, haha...bless you. It is currently freezing here! >< *brrr*
      Yes it does! Ha!
      Oh yes I never noticed that before but now that you mentioned it, I think so too! :)

      Delete
  5. I actually didn't love the cover... 😅😭😂 but I love the premise and have this to read soon! Dragons! I mean come on how can I not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, not sure how I missed this comment :/

      Delete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.