ARC Review: Moonlight Over Manhattan

Friday 3 November 2017

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I know I have not posted in a while but I am going to try my best to post from now on. I hope you enjoy this review! :)




Title: Moonlight Over Manhattan
Author: Sarah Morgan
Published: 5th October 2017
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:


She'll risk everything for her own Christmas miracle… 

Determined to conquer a lifetime of shyness, Harriet Knight challenges herself to do one thing a day in December that scares her, including celebrating Christmas without her family. But when dog walker Harriet meets her newest client, exuberant spaniel Madi, she adds an extra challenge to her list—dealing with Madi's temporary dog sitter, gruff doctor Ethan Black, and their very unexpected chemistry. 

Ethan thought he was used to chaos, until he met Madi—how can one tiny dog cause such mayhem? To Ethan, the solution is simple—he will pay Harriet to share his New York apartment and provide twenty-four-hour care. But there's nothing simple about how Harriet makes him feel. 

Ethan's kisses make Harriet shine brighter than the stars over moonlit Manhattan. But when his dog-sitting duties are over and Harriet returns to her own home, will she dare to take the biggest challenge of all—letting Ethan know he has her heart for life, not just for Christmas?




Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review thank you to HarperCollins


Harriet Knight is such a fun loveable character, you will fall in love with her instantly. I really do love reading these type of Christmas books this year. Being born in December, I really do love the Winter and Fall seasons. Who wouldn't want any excuse to curl up in bed and read?


I have been trying to read books for the last two months, ever since I got pregnant I find it hard to read. This book was what I was seeking desperately without evening know it, I loved how light it was and how much I enjoyed reading about Harriet and Ethan.


Harriet is an animal lover, more specifically her business entails dog walking because she is absolutely in love with that animal. Harriet is a very fun loving girl and someone who is very generous to the young and old. She takes care of everyone, neighbours, family, friends, strangers and even animals. She always does more than what is required of her and she is an incredible sweet girl, this is shown when she agrees to take care one of her client's dog and finds herself dog sitting. One thing that lacks in her life is someone to reciprocate and take care of her, all Harriet wants is to challenge herself this Christmas and hopefully find herself someone to love too. I was very surprised to find out she has a twin sister Fliss who was totally opposite Harriet, I loved seeing her protective and fiesty side. I also fell in love with Daniel and his girlfriend, now all I need to do is find my own Daniel!


Ethan is a workaholic but that is thanks to his job, he is a Doctor in the Trauma or ER department (like A&E in the UK I think). He does very long shifts and is barely home. Ethan may be a genius in his professional life but the same cannot be said for his personal life. Due to a very bad marriage he believes he would spend the rest of his life alone. Unknown to him, a interaction with Harriet in the ER would change his life forever.


Ethan and Harriet's love story is quite not what I expected, this is the first time I was reading a book where the main interest is a Doctor so I had no idea what to expect. I did assume they would be not really tuned with their emotions due to the heaviness that comes with the job but I would assume that must depend on the person themselves. Harriet on the other hand is very aware of what her emotions are, with these two opposites being paired together it really is that opposite attracts.


Sarah Morgan has become one of my favourite writers in the Chick Lit genre, every since I read Miracle on 5th Avenue I totally favour her writing style and her ability to take me to New York.



If you love reading Christmas stories around this time of year then you should definitely give this a try!


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^ 

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.