The Selection #0.4

Monday 27 November 2017


Title: The Queen
Author:  Kiera Cass
Published: 2nd December 2014
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….
Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.



I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!! I TOTALY FORGOT I EVEN OWNED THIS BUT IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE TO FINALLY BE IN MAXON'S HEAD THAT I HAVE LOST SENSE OF HOW TO WRITE A REVIEW, CAN YOU TELL?

But seriously.. this book was epic (okay is not really a book more of a novella but still it was nice to view the selection from Maxon's POV and his first encounter with America (who would later on become the love of his life...shhhhh don't tell Maxon!).

I loved how Kiera Cass had done this from before the selection even started, she showed us a glimpse of Maxon's friendship with Daphne and gave us the subtle hint of how there could have been more and maybe she is the one? But it was nothing like that and it was more than I could have imagined. I really loved this short novella so much, I kind of wish now that the Selection series had been a dual POV it would have been so much more fun to read.

Maxon is such a sweetheart, he has a heart full of gold. I am not sure if Kiera intended this but I did think some times Maxon was oblivious and naive to certain things? Or maybe that's just me...? Although I might think that, he does always try to see what he has done wrong and then correct it (seriously can he get more adorable than that?)


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.