Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge

Sunday 4 March 2018




Movie Details:
Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge
Release Date: 11th May 2017
Cast: Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Brenton Thwaites, Kaya Scodelario, Kevin McNally, Geoffrey Rush
Rating: 2/5
Synopsis: 

Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Capt. Jack Sparrow feels the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost sailors led by his old nemesis, the evil Capt. Salazar, escape from the Devil's Triangle. Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it, he must forge an uneasy alliance with a brilliant and beautiful astronomer and a headstrong young man in the British navy.

Jack Sparrow as always up to his no good tricks again, how he always manages to get out of sticky situations which always seem impossible is beyond my understanding. But he does every time and the way they show these scenes in the movies is actually quite sneaky.

I thought the acting was superb in this movie, but I seem to have tendency to watch movies not in the right order. Since I have only watched the first film I don't know what happens between Jack Sparrow and Salazar. I did find Javier's acting and appearance in the movie very deadly, I cannot praise enough how much I loved his character (I have to admit it kind of gave me goosebumps when his character is first introduced)

Although there are many sub plots in the movie, with Henry wanting to break the curse and an astronomer wanting to prove herself. The main plot line does deviate a bit, I found it a little confusing as how this would all come together.

My main problem with this movie was it didn't live up to the hype of the trailer, I had fantasised a thousand endless possibilities with this movie and it ended up in another direction. Even with its shortcomings I did truly enjoy watching Johnny Depp in his comedic, kind of drunk character who never fails to make me smile.


Let's chat: Have you watched the latest release to Pirates of the Caribbean yet? If so, what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.