Movie Review: Thor: Ragnarok

Sunday 18 March 2018


Movie Details:
Title: Thor: Ragnarok
Release Date: 10th October 2017
Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis:

Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against the Hulk, his former ally and fellow Avenger. Thor's quest for survival leads him in a race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home world and the Asgardian civilization.

I have watched the first two films in this franchise (finally I've watched something in order 😂😅), I loved the first film more than the second. This film is very different than the rest not just because Chris Hemsworth cut his hair 😍😍😍 but it features some unique elements that make it different from the first two. 

Great actors like Jeff Goldblum played a magnificent role, I remember him from Jurassic World and I absolutely loved him in that role so to see him in avatar like this was purely magical. His character is very manipulative and eccentric. He loves to watch two fighters against each other which is what he does with Thor.

Thor is so HOT in this movie. The beginning of the movie is actually quite comical with him being stuck in a cage with chains wrapped around him (he also has some strange but funny dialogues). Although, you would not quite associate a start like that especially with a Marvel superhero film. I did like the Fire Demon though (he reminds me of the character from Fantastic 4), he is so tall and fiery. He is the one who informs Thor of Ragnarok, Odin's death and how his role will be the end for Asgard, not one to believe him Thor ends up easily defeating the Fire Demon and escaping. This movie is ultimately more than what seems to be on the surface, its about how Home is not the planet you live on but how its made with the people you love.

I liked how different sub plots were combined in to this movie, it talked about the greatness of Valkyrie, Loki doing the right thing for once. I am not sure how I feel about the Grandmaster and his planet being fitted into the film, I was getting quite bored of it since I wanted to know what the film was about.

I loved, loved, loved Heimdall. His eyes are just so dreamy 😍😍😍😍😍 but somehow I failed to notice it was Idris Elba playing the character like what planet did I live on before this? 😂😅😆.

I have to commend the actors on their superb performance towards the intense battle sequence, I was holding my breath every time it didn't go in Thor's way. I was on the edge of my seat (no I wasn't watching a horror movie but it seemed like Thor would lose and I could not handle that). The way each character brings their own uniqueness to the battlefield and ends up saving the day is one of my favourite scenes throughout the whole movie and the music? Oh it was fabulous!!!!

Let's chat: Have you watched any of Thor's films? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments below!

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.