The Sheysu's Gold Series #1

Wednesday 13 May 2015

23589225
Book: Revive
Author: Sunita Venchard
Published: 26th October 2014
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes/ No
Synopsis:

Sheysu is thrust from her peaceful family life onto a dangerous quest to find a cure for her dying twin sister. The illness is strong and threatens to claim Sheysu’s life too.
Terrified and alone, she travels through unfamiliar kingdoms in search of the elusive, legendary healer, Similia—her only hope of survival. Queen Platina of Mineralia offers her help and assigns her number one, the reluctant Aurum, to accompany her. But can Sheysu trust either of these Mineralians she just met?
Their journey pulls them through a maze of emotions and terrifying battles against the deadly tribes of Animalia, who live by a different code.
Sheysu uncovers a dark secret from her past, causing her to question everything she has ever known.
Will Sheysu find the cure in time? What is the secret from her past and how will it change her future?

I received this book in an exchange for an honest review


I am not too sure entirely how I feel about this book. I like this book, but there are certain things contributing towards not me liking this book. The kingdom or tribes that are described in Animalia are very hostile and even vile, there were a lot of things about these tribes which were very convoluted which made it very difficult for me to understand some of it.

[ If Sheysu is a mixed blood, does that make her sister too? Personally I would love it if she were a mix of everything, that would the make story line much more interesting (spoiler)].

I can't decide if I liked the characters of Sheysu or Aurum; they were very interesting but I did find times where I was not very impressed with Sheysu. I did like Lupinum and Simione a lot better, Lupinum represented the strength and courage, whereas Simione I thought symbolised Wisdom and more healer alike qualities.

It was generally good to read, especially if you are in to all the animal prophecy stuff. I hope the next book is more elaborated in areas where it wasn't so much in the first and gain a bit more background knowledge about Sheysu

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.