Movie Review: Fast and Furious 7

Saturday 25 April 2015



Movie Details:
Title: Furious 7
Release Date: 3rd April 2015
Cast: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris Bridges, Jordan Brewster, Djimon Hounsou, Kurt Russell, Jason Statham 
Rating: 5/5


Note: I probably should have watched the first 6 films before actually watching this one, and I still need to watch it. It is just one of those thing on my never ending to do list 😓🙈

This film will always be emotional for me, even before I watched this film, I was searching online day and night for the ending scene. When I saw it, I was not ready for the rollercoaster of emotions that hit me. I really don't know what took over me, but the loss of Paul Walker felt like it was one of my own. I just couldn't get over the concept of him actually leaving this world, I searched online like a hungry Tiger pouncing on their next meal to find some loop hole, to find some piece of existence that he still lived. I was searching endlessly for days, I really think I had a moment of madness but when the realisation finally hit me that he was never going to come  back, my heart broke in so many ways I never thought it was possible for it ever to be repaired again. 

I can't imagine the torment or the excruciating pain the whole cast went through after the demise of Paul, but what I can say is Universal and the whole team had done justice and gave the happy ending for Brian for what most of us could have wished for Paul in reality.

I went to go and see this film last week, I have to say I didn't know what to expect. I love action films but I have never really been up to date with these films so I wasn't aware of what the hype was about. Although, the combination of the action sequence, the stunts, the fights and most of the family bonding that is shown onscreen is undeniably amazing.

The stunts seemed so realistic to me I was like how is that humanely possible, when I watched video's of how they shot the scenes and a little magic with the green screen they were able to perform the scenes as if they actually did the scenes themselves. The one in Dubai when the Lycan Hypersport jumped out of the Etihad Towers was exactly one of the scenes where it was too good to be true.

It was so awesome to watch each of the character's story and bromance with another (I loved scenes between Tej and Roman, they were absolutely hilarious). James Wan, the Director actually outdone himself combined with the efforts of the whole cast. And who can forget Dwayne Johnson, Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? :D (can you tell I spent most of my childhood watching the Rock on WWF?). He fits perfectly in to Hobbs character, and I loved his 'cavalry' scene with his onscreen daughter. 

I think the most powerful concept and theme in this movie is family. These guys show exactly how being a united force means and what happens when they mess one of them, the mess with everyone.

On the whole, a film worth watching and definitely recommended (now I need to go and catch upon the previous films).

This film will be the end of me, Will there be a FF8? What will happen to Jordan, will she reprise her role? How will I watch it knowing Paul isn't going to be there?

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.