A Fearful Lie

Monday 24 August 2015

25145257 
Title: A Fearful Lie
Author: Jean Fournier Johnson 
Published: 11th August 2015
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Ye/No
Synopsis:

By the time Gloria sees the little boy step out from between the parked cars it is too late. She hears the sickening thud as her vehicle strikes his body. She remembers that third drink at the bar, her husband's career as a police officer. Fearful that if she stays she will ruin the lives of those she loves, Gloria drives away. She leaves the child on the sidewalk for his mother to find.

Having convinced herself she can live with this decision, Gloria is surprised to find her guilt beginning to take a toll on her family. Turning away from her marriage as it falls apart, she decides to atone for her crime by devoting her life to helping others.

What better place to start than with Marisa, the mother of the boy she killed?


I received this book in an exchange for an honest review, thanks to Ravenswood Publishing

I am at loss for words on this book, I really don't know what to say. The sin that Gloria commits is unforgivable, how in a sane mind can a person get away with murdering a child? Like seriously? Just shows you how messed up the system really is!

I really hard a time liking Gloria as a protagonist, a really difficult time! I don't normally have so many problems with getting into a contemporary book, but clearly I had issues with this book! I feel so irritated and anger towards Gloria, she really did set up herself for fail, I can't belive her attitude towards Ted when he tries to help her and in return she accuses him of being selfish? Really Gloria? Your marriage failed because of you! I admit Ted is at fault too because he did not try hard enough, instead he ran away and was afraid.

This book can only be described as one word, 'redemption'. That is all Gloria tries to do to try to atone for her sin. The only thing that made this book bearable would have to be the secondary characters. I loved Wendy, Marissa, Brian, Amy and Andy. I would love to read their romance stores, maybe from their POV, books could be released in the series?

description 

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.