The Memento Mori Witch Series #2

Thursday 24 September 2015

26500528 
Title: A Witch's Feast
Author: C.N. Crawford
Published: 10th October 2015
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend:Yes
Synopsis:

There are new rules governing the country--namely, no magic. But Fiona Forzese has never been good with rules...

After a ghostly army terrorized Boston, the Ranulf family say they'll help Fiona and her classmates finish up junior year. They say their old Virginia plantation is a safe haven. All Fiona and her secret coven have to to do is show up to a few math and English classes.

It should be a perfect solution. And it would be, if the Ranulfs weren't members of a witch-hunting cult.

As Fiona digs deeper into the Ranulf's past, she learns a dark truth that shocks her to her core. But it isn't only the Ranulfs who are keeping secrets, and as the witch-hunting cult closes in, Fiona is forced to confront the demons of her own past.  


I am so glad the author asked me to review this early, thank you so much for the offer. I am so grateful she did! ^^

First things first, isn't the cover worth dying for? I am not sure who the cover is meant to be? Fiona? Whoever it is, I loved it to bits!!!!

This book was far more interesting than the first one, the attack in Boston affects everyone in some way or another and you see the characters adapt, develop and grow. I like reading from Jack's POV this time, it brought a lot more action and meaning to the plot. A Witch's Feast starts off where the first book ended, with the school being burnt down, classmates dying. Then Munroe comes to the rescue and things change drastically.

There are more characters introduced, Tobia's gains more power (how you may ask? You will have to read the book for that), Thomas and Oswald are trapped and tortured, Celia has gone mental (not sure how that happened? Is she really mental? Or only acting?) and loads more. All this action and drama kept me on my toes at all times, it is disappointing what happens to Marianna :( but she makes it the end.

I am not sure who I liked more this time; Tobias, Thomas, Oswald or Jack. It is hard as you see a side of Jack you don't get to see in the first book (he is more of a central character in this book).I would probably say Thomas, I loved his bravery, courage, how he tried to stay strong.  

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.