Waiting on Wednesday: The Black Witch

Tuesday 7 February 2017


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: The Black Witch
Author: Laurie Forest
Series: The Black Witch Chronicles #1
Release Date: 2nd May 2017
Synopsis:

A Great Winged One will soon arise and cast his fearsome shadow upon the land. And just as Night slays Day, and Day slays Night, so also shall another Black Witch rise to meet him, her powers vast beyond imagining. 

So foretells the greatest prophecy of the Gardnerian mages. Carnissa Gardner, the last prophesied Black Witch, drove back the enemy forces and saved her people during the Realm War. Now a new evil is on the horizon, and her granddaughter, Elloren, is believed to be Carnissa’s heir—but while she is the absolute image of her famous grandmother, Elloren is utterly devoid of power in a society that prizes magical ability above nearly all else.

When she is granted the opportunity to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an apothecary, Elloren is eager to join her brothers at the prestigious Verpax University and finally embrace a destiny of her own, free from the shadow of her grandmother’s legacy. But she soon realizes that the University, which admits all manner of peoples—including the fire-wielding, winged Icarals, the sworn enemies of her people—is an even more treacherous place for the granddaughter of the Black Witch.




AHHHHH!!! I just wish this would release already! I am really loving reading books about Witches, it is becoming my fav genre to read! BUT I really wish this was releasing in the UK, never mind because I will buy it either way! Also, look at that cover! 😍😍😍😍😍😍


Let's talk: What are you waiting for this week?

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

8 comments

  1. This looks really good! Not a big fan of witches, but that cover is GORGEOUS!! I just adore the black and purple :) Hope you enjoy!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and I agree with you. You should try the genre, maybe find something that interests you?
      Thanks again for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog!! I try to post with my WP info on blogger but it never works! So I'll just sign with my Twitter handle so you always know it's me! Great post!
    @TeacherofYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, oh no I am so sorry about that! Thank you very much! Love your blog too! :)

      Delete
  3. OOOH! I'm not really a HUGE fan of Witches, but we'll see. This book sounds SUPER entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, I bet you will love it! Do give it a try, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm also highly anticipating this book! I got a copy recently and I can't wait to read it! Hopefully we both love it :) Great WoW pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, oh you are so lucky! I can't wait to hear what you think! :)

      Delete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.