The Hundredth Queen

Monday 29 May 2017



Title: The Hundredth Queen
Author: Emily R. King
Publishing: 1st June 2017
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: HELL YES
Synopsis:

As an orphan ward of the Sisterhood, eighteen-year-old Kalinda is destined for nothing more than a life of seclusion and prayer. Plagued by fevers, she’s an unlikely candidate for even a servant’s position, let alone a courtesan or wife. Her sole dream is to continue living in peace in the Sisterhood’s mountain temple.

But a visit from the tyrant Rajah Tarek disrupts Kalinda’s life. Within hours, she is ripped from the comfort of her home, set on a desert trek, and ordered to fight for her place among the rajah’s ninety-nine wives and numerous courtesans. Her only solace comes in the company of her guard, the stoic but kind Captain Deven Naik.

Faced with the danger of a tournament to the death—and her growing affection for Deven—Kalinda’s only hope for escape lies in an arcane, forbidden power that’s buried within her.

In Emily R. King’s thrilling fantasy debut, an orphan girl blossoms into a warrior, summoning courage and confidence in her fearless quest to upend tradition, overthrow an empire, and reclaim her life as her own.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, thank you to the publisher

GUYS!!!! I am not sure how I am going to recover from this, if you at look my Twitter page I am still emotionally a mesh *sighs* I am such a mess for so many reasons, this book gave me everything that I didn't know I wanted; love, romance, hope, friendship, bravery, a badass heroine, cute hot guys! How does one recover from such awesomeness???? *sobbing*

description

I can't go on, no Elsa I can't just let it go

Kalinda has no idea who her parents are, brought up in the sisterhood in the Samiya temple. She is shown to have fevers for quite a long time until Healer Bala found a tonic that seems to keep them at bay. Recovering a little, Kali tries to catch up on her fighting skills (she is considered the weak one) with Jaya. Unknown to her, someone very important comes to claim one of the girls from the sisterhood, for others this may be good news but these two best friends don't want to be separated. Kali and Natesa both get claimed. Kali is supposed to be the embodiment of the land goddess, Ki in the form of Enlil's hundredth rani. Things get really interesting when the tournaments begins, Kali has to defend the Rajah's throne as she is his 'champion'. Will Kali defeat her opponents especially Lakia and become rani?

You know what I most loved about this book? Captain Naik A.K.A Deven, he is sooooo dreamy. Oh gosh, I wish he was real I would marry him. He is just soo sweet and selfless. He supports Kali 100% even if it is something that he doesn't agree on, for them there is only each other no one else. 

Kali is brave, fierce, incredibly loyal and not afraid to do what she think is right. I loved her more every moment she saw something cruel happening and stood up for justice whether that was for herself or someone else, she is truly a hero!

I haven't read much books about the Indian culture (which I think it is) but I loved every moment of this book and what it symbolised. Reading the very first sentence just left me wanting more, it was very hard to put the book down. I just kept telling myself 'one more chapter' and before you know it I finished the book. Even now I am like what am I meant to do now? I don't want to read any other book I want book 2! You can't just end the book like that Emily! WHY ARE YOU TORTURING ME! 

*GOOD NEWS* I just saw the second book will be releasing in September! Yes I don't have to wait long for #kalen

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

1 comment

  1. Hi Aneesa! It sounds so good! I love books about other cultures than my own!! I don't know about being a 100th wife though, ugh! I'm your partner for the commenting challenge!! Just wanted to say hi, a great review! On my tbr now!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.