Descended of Dragons #2

Monday 13 November 2017


Title: Origin Exposed
Author: Jen Crane
Published: 6th October 2015
My Rating: 2/5
Recommend: No
Synopsis:

A Dangerous Secret 
In fiery redhead Stella Stonewall’s new world magic and shape-shifters are everyday life. Scales, sorcery, shifters—no big. Stella has learned she’s not only descended of dragons, but of something more, too. She struggles to keep this rare form a secret, even from her closest friends. 

A Bitter Betrayal 
Stella turns to her mentor Rowan Gresham for help. The charming but enigmatic Gresham forms a plan to improve her troublesome public image. The problem? The plan revolves around betraying the only family she has left. 

A Potential for Something Real 
When Gresham’s motives come into question Stella must rely on the new friends she’s made at a college for magical shifters. The feral bunch helps set Stella’s inner beast free. As these friendships flourish, so does the magnetism she’s always felt toward fierce and noble Ewan Bristol. But it’s so strong it threatens to overwhelm her. 

Can Stella afford to open her heart now, when her entire future’s at stake, or is it bolted shut for eternity?



Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

I am actually quite disappointed with this book, I really did not enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed the first book. I really wanted to but by the end of the book I really just wanted to finish it off and be done with it.

Stella finds out she is an Omni (having the ability to take multiple forms), coming from such a powerful background Stella is in danger, with trouble being around the corner Stella has no choice but to turn to her friends.

I am not sure why but I find Stella quite annoying, she never did what she said. I found her being told what to do rather than thinking for herself. Also, moving from one guy to another after stating she doesn't want to that quickly but then turns on her word? Like what is up with that. I found her decisions to be impulsive at time, she never really was thinking what she was doing or how her decision would impact her and other people.

Ewan, I am not so sure how I feel about him. I have mixed feelings. In the first book, I was really enjoying getting to know him, he is perceptive, smart, a loyal friend not to mention a hottie. What could be more perfect than that? But in this book I don't quite like how he goes after Stella even though she says to him she doesn't want to move on to another guy yet. Like Stella I also found him to be impulsive sometimes but I wonder if that is due to him changing in to a wolf?

Boone and Timbra really saved the story with this one, its unfair of how other forms of animal cannot fall in love and produce offspring? Stella is a clear example of that you can so I am confused.

Also, Gresham lies too much, I wonder if he has an ulterior motive? It was good to see Stella join her Uncle who only turns out to be the President of Thayer.

There was too much stuff happening and too quick, I felt like I did not have time to adjust myself to one dilemma before I had to move on to another one. I suppose one issue could be the length of gap I have left between the two books which is only myself to blame really.


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.