Movie Review: Fast and Furious 8

Sunday 19 November 2017




Movie Details:
Title: Fast and Furious 8
Release Date: 14th April 2017
Cast: Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris Bridges, Scott Eastwood, Nathalie Emmanuel, Elsa Pataky, Kurt Russell, Charlize Theron 
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis:

With Dom and Letty married, Brian and Mia retired and the rest of the crew exonerated, the globe-trotting team has found some semblance of a normal life. They soon face an unexpected challenge when a mysterious woman named Cipher forces Dom to betray them all. Now, they must unite to bring home the man who made them a family and stop Cipher from unleashing chaos.


The intense chemistry of Dom and Letty is high in this movie, the hope and love is fought against all odds. The story picks up where it left off in FF7, after the demise of Paul Walker there was sudden need to change the ending of the film. Sadly, this also meant no more Mia or Brian. I admit, when I still think of FF7, I find it hard to admit to myself that Paul is really gone, I wish instead he had retired. I am happy though that their characters did get some mention in this movie.


I can't help but feel that I truly have missed out, you know one of those things you tell yourself you need to do only to realise you have a really long list and before you know it you forget about it? This is one of those moments, I need to still watch the first few films, I've had a few glimpses but every time I sit down to watch it something alway comes up.

The story line was not one I expected, from the trailer all you can tell is Dom betrays his family. For any who is a fan of this franchise know that Dom lives by protecting and supporting his family so for someone to all of a sudden turn his back on those same people he claims are the world to him? It doesn't make sense.

With a sense of something not quite right, you walk in to this film with anticipation of Dom's betrayal. What made him betray his own family? Why is he working with Cipher? Who is Cipher? Although I have to admit I never really did believe Dom would ever betray his family, you just instantly knew he would have some kind of reason that is being used against him, only I never expected what. 

Two things that stood out for me in this movie were the acting skills and the cast. Fast and Furious are known to bring in people with such high recognition so it was no surprise to see actors such as Charlize Theron being apart of the film and initially taking the role of the villain. I really admired her acting skills in The Huntsman: Winter's War (you can read the review here) she was absolute spectacular in this role.  Whilst I love his attempt for playing it cool and being Mr. know it all, Scott Eastwood couldn't quite match the pace as the other actors. I feel like each character has a specific role within the film and a title that goes with it but I really just didn't understand how Scott's character fit in to that (I do think he is absolutely gorgeous though!).

It's quite hard to top the stunts taken in FF7, but nevertheless the dramatic entrances, the near to death incidents never fail to amaze you and they just get better and better.

If you enjoy the thrill of adrenaline, love shiny sport cars, amazing cast with a stellar personality then this is the franchise for you. What are you waiting for, pick up this film and enjoy the ride. 

Let's talk: How do you feel about a franchise releasing new movies? Do you prefer just one or two movies. Let me know in the comments below.

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.